I was tagged by Kimberley at Black Dog Runs Disney (which you should check out)for I Mustache You Some Questions and after going to the Mustache Council having a beard does not get me out of answering questions (and who knew there was a Mustache council (I’m betting they were biased against my beard). The format for this bearing of my soul is I list 4 answers to a bunch of questions about myself. What does 4 have to do with mustaches? No clue. I plan on bringing this up next time I am in front of the Mustache council.
A. 4 nicknames that you have had.
Do epithets count? No? OK.
1. Well although it isn’t actually a nickname, going by my middle name of Marsden for my friends in a fairly new development and feels nicknamey. No, nicknamey is not a word. If that doesn’t work for you, then Running Lonely should (and from what I understand from others, it was a pain referring to me as Running Lonely in casual conversation (and yes it still baffles me that people ever refer to me in causal (OK, any) conversation).
2. Some of you have taken to calling me “M” since Marsden rolls off the tongue like coughing up phlegm.
3. Tres- Being the 3rd it was used at one of my jobs.
4. Car- I had a baseball coach that called me that (short for my first name of Carlyle).
B. Movies I have watched more than once
1. Star Wars – I so wanted to be Hans Solo. I turned out closer to the droid that is being tortured early on in the movie.
2. The Princess Bride- “Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who tells you different is selling you something”.
3. Leningrad Cowboys Go America- I needed one movie none of you have seen to keep my weirdo cred.
4. Die Hard (the first one, NOT the 2nd).
C. 4 Books I would recommend
1. The Princess Bride, William Goldman – Yes, it is also a book with a much snarkier tone than the movie.
2. L.A. Requiem, Robert Crais- I like mystery/detective novels and this one transcends the genre.
3. The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, John Scieszka. Sure it’s a kid’s book, but it is a damn funny kids book. If you like the humor pieces in this blog, you will like this send up of Fairy Tales. The Princess and the Bowling Ball is a classic.
4. The Chase, Janet Evanovich – Although know more for her Stephanie Plum novels, this book is the first in a different series about a female FBI agent and a criminal she teams up with to catch bigger criminals. Great back and forth dialog and memorable minor characters. Yeah, like anyone is going to read my book recommendations and go off and Kindle it.
D. 4 places I’ve lived (I wasn’t kidding about this 4 stuff).
1. Frankfurt Germany
2. Knoxville, TN
3. Houston, TX
4. Alexandria, VA (currently living in Arlington).
E. 4 Places I have been
1. Nada, Texas
2. Caracas, Venezuela
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina
4. Aruba (lest anyone think I am no fun (and I actually have a pretty funny running story during my visit there))
F. 4 Things I won’t eat
1. Anything that is still alive.
2. Any food that its name gets you a triple word score in Scrabble.
3. Anything I have to catch myself (because let’s be honest, anything slow enough that I can catch it, isn’t worth eating (think slow slugs)).
4. Sharp objects (tortilla chips do not count).
G. 4 Favorite Foods
4. Pizza (and you can just imagine how I feel about free beer and pizza).
H. 4 Things I say a lot
1. “I’m sorry I…”
2. I’m not dead, just slow.
3. This may sound stupid but…
4. What are negative splits?
I. 4 TV Shows you watch
1. Person of Interest – Action, interesting plots, though I liked it better when I didn’t know much of it was probably real.
2. White Collar – An FBI agent and teams up with a criminal…hey wait.
3. The Blacklist- I didn’t expect to like this since I don’t like James Spader, but have really enjoyed it.
4. Grimm – I’m starting to see a trend from my favorite books.
J. 4 Place you have buried bodies.
Hey, now just wait a second!
K. 4 Things I am looking forward to next year.
1. Well at my age, still being alive qualifies.
2. Finishing my 24 Hour Race (and I get to tick that one off on the first day of the year).
3. Beating my time from 2014 in at least one 2015 race.
4. Not using the monster knee brace (not sure if it is possible, but I am hoping I can strengthen my leg enough where I can stop using it for at least shorter races).
L. 4 Nude Selfies of Yourself
Cute, real cute. I don’t see this question for the other bloggers. Stupid Mustache Council. Well, in the interest of not offending anyone by accident, here is the link, but you were warned: LINK TO NUDE SELFIE
Have a Pigtastic Weekend!!!